Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Momentous Occasion!

While not particularly related to Jane Austen, I am very pleased to announce that I will be a bit out of touch for the next few days, for a very good reason.

Today, I got a job with a property management company, that includes an apartment of my very own!

This means that for the first time in nearly two years, I won't be living out of my parent's back room, but will instead have my own kitchen, living room, and complete control of every remote in the house.

Life is sweet.

But this means that until I get an internet/broadband connection in my new place, I will be running to my parents to post and read stories. While that will probably happen pretty frequently, there will still be a gap of a couple of days while I get in, get settled, and revel in the solitude of my adorable apartment.

In light of the fact that I am moving tomorrow (I wanted to move this evening, but couldn't find anyone to help me), I spent all afternoon packing, as opposed to reading whatever happened to be posted. I was unable to complete Teurig, nor could I compose a paragraph in honor of the recent shorts by Edward, Ruth, and others that have come to my attention the past few days. Therefore, tomorrow morning, before I scrounge around for book boxes and shut down the computer to move it to its new home, I will post something along those lines.

In the mean time, please check out some of the wonderful Thursday postings- The End of Innocence, Determination, and A Most Beloved Sister (yay! Casey's back!). And I, dear readers, will return as soon as I possibly can!

No comments: