Thursday, January 10, 2008

Drinking Tea...

There have been many offerings on various sites over the last two days- enough that I actually spent more time than was actually necessary reading the different posts, and rereading some favorites. From the beginning. Which can be quite time consuming!

Particularly when the fic I am attempting to reread is Shelby's Half Such a Sum, rated R, posted at HG. Like so many others, I was thrilled when Shelby and Half returned to the garden late last month, and I am even more thrilled that she has been able to post regularly! If you have not read this creative reimagining of Pride and Prejudice, you are sorely missing out! I suggest you take a couple of days and read it through to the most recent post- you won't be sorry! Today's post was very informative, though I (and I'm sure many of Shelby's fans) are anxiously awaiting the arrival of the pirates she's been promising us!

I also look forward to Determination, by cpodom, on Thursdays. This story has tweaked the canon pairings, and has lured me in with it's clever premise; what if the Colonel had interrupted Darcy's failed proposal at Hunsford? Determination is posted at both HG and AHA.

Of course, Thursdays are not complete without No Strings Attached, rated R, by Sarah, posted at AHA. This is another brilliantly told story from the author that gave us The Trials of the Honorable Fitzwilliam Darcy. Strings is a sweet, romantic modern set in San Francisco. I've cried a few times reading it!

It was thrilling to see another post to DJ Clawson's If I Loved You Less on FanFiction.net. This is the latest in her series that began with "A Bit of Advice". Of course, this isn't going to make much sense if you haven't read the first few stories, as there are many new characters and a monkey to become acquainted with. Her previous stories are posted on her website, as well as HG and AHA. Enjoy them!

More to come...there are simply too many for me to get them all into one post!

No comments: