Monday, January 14, 2008

In Invitation to Drink Tea...

Now that I am sufficiently recovered from my all-nighter, I can again look over the boards and see what has been posted the last few days. Here are some dear friends for your enjoyment!

I mentioned atf's Forget with Silence and Tears last week; today I must mention Lise's End of Innocence (rated PG). Another of the (few!) adaptations of Persuasion, this begins a few months after Frederick leaves Kellynch Hall following Anne's breaking their engagement. I began reading this when it was first posted, and I have enjoyed every minute of it. Anne and Lady Russell are so charmingly naive, and here we also meet Frederick's oft-mentioned brother, who is terribly clever, but just as naive as Anne and Lady Russell. I am so interested to see where this will go now! End of Innocence is posted on DWG.

Over the weekend, Role of a Lifetime (rated R), a modern in which William is an actor and Lizzy a night-club owner, posted. This is a cute story, with some very funny scenes in it (a drunk William for one!). I'm looking forward to see where this goes! This is posted on AHA.

Only for the Deepest Love, It Hardly Signifies and And Grace Will Lead Me Home also posted today.

And now, fond farewells to Wait Until (NC-17) and Their Glory Continues (NC-17), which have both been completed. I loved the chess-matches in Wait, and the breakfast jam scene in Glory has got to be one of the funnier things I have ever read. You will be missed!

No comments: