Saturday, January 12, 2008

Fatigue after a long journey

I did something incredibly stupid last night, as my parents' toy poodle will bear witness to; I stayed up ALL NIGHT reading. This caused said poodle much consternation, because for whatever reason, he got up early this morning and refused to go to bed until I did, sitting on the edge of the bed and whining at me while I read. It almost distracted me.

Almost.

So, what caused me to stay up all night and make myself sick for lack of sleep? I simply could not stop reading Jack C's Crescent City. It took me some time, but I did eventually get through the whole thing, and I'm now anxiously awaiting Wednesday when the next chapters are posted!

I really do know better than to do something like this- I should have learned from my marathon reading of The Three Colonels last year.

Such a clever plot line! Such wit! Such intricate details! Some of them had me laughing my head off, and others I merely shook my head in awe of the intellect that spawned them; such as the slight mention of Richard Musgrove- it was perfect! The French, the references to Monty Python, and my personal favorite, Rabbi Tuckmann, who looks very much like Mel Brooks in my imagination!

If you haven't, I suggest you take a look- but please do it in the morning, since I doubt you will be able to stop once you get started. Crescent City is posted at HG, AHA, and DWG.

1 comment:

Jack Caldwell said...

Sorry about that, Sarah.

It's not my intention to make anyone stay up all night, but if you must, I'm honored that you chose one my my stories to keep you company.

Thank you for your kind comments about Crescent City. As you can tell, this is an important story for me to write, since Louisiana was my home for 48 years. I may be in Wisconsin, now, but my heart will always be in Cajun Country.

Rest assured that Crescent City will come to an end one day - say, 12 weeks from now?

I'm glad you enjoyed The Three Colonels. I hope you've had the chance to take a look at its companion piece, The Unexpected Passenger, but don't blame me if you stay up late reading it!

All my best,Jack C.