Sunday, April 6, 2008

So Friendly and Obliging!

I am at last caught up (for the most part) with reading the posts made over the last several days whilst I was in moving-hell. And once again the writers have blessed us all with several additions and new offerings to pass the time.

Two on HG caught my eye today- the first being Family Ties, by kll, rated NC17, and Life Changes, rated PG-13 and written by tobylachat.

I had begun reading Family Ties earlier in my JAFF life, but for the life of me could not place the story, so I went back to the beginning and reread the whole thing last night. It contains quite an interesting plot; Darcy and Evil Darcy meet up in a parallel, bizarro universe! Well, OK, that might be an exaggeration, but really, kll's Lord Ashton is bizarro, Evil Darcy. He really was creeping me out, and that honor is reserved for only the very bad villains in JAFF; Lord Craigmore in Half Such a Sum, Lady Catherine from BelenP's Eye of the Storm, and the serial killer Lord Carrington from Lucrezia's Judge of Their Characters series. Add to this the cliffhanger we were left on, and you can understand my desire for a new post. Now.

On a lighter note, Life Changes is chronicling the various life changes of Elizabeth, Darcy, Bingley, and Jane as they wind their way toward meeting. Following a slightly different tack than the original plot line, Bingley comes to Hertfordshire after Mary marries Mr. Collins and while Elizabeth is depressed just before her departure to visit her sister in Hunsford. This is a sensitive look at the different characters' feelings on the paths they wish their lives to take.

It is good to have enough order in my space that I can read such engaging stories. Authors, do, please continue soon!

No comments: