Monday, April 21, 2008

The Gallery

I have had a head cold and throat croup for a couple of days now (gah! I can't sing! It's making me nuts!), and have been feeling particularly blue because of it. I was therefore happy to have some cheer thrown my way in the form of David, posted on AHA and HG. Happiness (in the form of a good short love story) is always helpful when recovering from a...well, whatever this is.

This is a delightful story about a Bennet family vacation to Florence, home of the Uffizi, the Duomo, the Ponte Vecchio, and Michelangelo's David. During a tour of the museum in which the David is held, Elizabeth finds... um, well, inspiration.

I was in need of a charming bit of romantic fluff today- after my experience watching Sweeney Todd (two of my favorite Broadway tunes have been ruined now!) and catching this cold over the weekend, David hit the spot and has restored my faith in humanity, which was sorely tested by the Demon Barber of Fleet Street. Thank you Gabrielle!

No comments: