Thursday, April 10, 2008

New Gowns

I really hate missing Wednesdays on AHA! There were a bunch of posts on some great stories yesterday. Unfortunately, I was at work, and then had my time appropriated by my parents, and was unable to read them until this morning. Such a terrible situation to be in, because I hate missing posts. After all, the earlier I can read my favorites, the longer I can be in agony waiting for the next one!

I have enjoyed A Better Man (posted at AHA) very much. Told entirely from Elizabeth's point of view, this story wonders what might have happened had Elizabeth been unable to take the tolerant view of her family she did in the book. I have often wondered myself how she could, which is a large reason why I find this story so fascinating. The new post today shed even greater light on these feelings, and I do wish I could read another post tomorrow!

CaseyC's sublimely funny Single Until... posted a new chapter yesterday. Elizabeth has now recovered from her little gaffe, and is trying valiantly to move on. But of course, we know THAT doesn't work!

Fate and Freewill is getting under my skin- I'm steeling myself for some very sad chapters to come and yet wondering how Lizzy's secret is going to bring her closer to Darcy. So far Darcy has been Darcy, and Elizabeth cannot believe he was so nice to her, but we know what is running through Darcy's head, do we not? And that little subplot is one element that makes this story so intriguing. Better go read it; you won't be disappointed.

I am hopeful next week I will not be on a forced-fast. Two Wednesdays in a row would send me to my chambers with smelling salts. Instead, I plan to be hitting the refresh button on my favorite sites all day long!

No comments: