Monday, April 7, 2008

How Shocking!

I must admit to some dereliction of duty. I had not yet read Elenita's An Affair in Three Simple Lessons (rated NC-17 and posted on HG). As mentioned earlier, I am an Angst Weenie, and therefore tend to stay away from stories with that label. However, I took my courage in hand today and clicked on Affair. I had to scroll around a lot to pick it up, because for whatever reason the link took me to the end of the story, but I did get the majority of the plot. I must say, I am very impressed.

Everything is sharper in Affair- Darcy is sexier, Elizabeth is livelier, Lady Catherine is regaler ("more regal" doesn't sound right!), and Mr. Collins is toadier. And poor Colonel Fitzwilliam! To have such an interruption at such a time... well, we already knew Mrs. Bennet was capable of interrupting at any time, but I would have thought she knew enough to stay away from a bridal chamber. Did I mention Mrs. Bennet is sillier?

And big kudos to Elenita's little crossover with Jane Eyre- for those of you who have not had the pleasure, St. John Rivers is a main player in the later plot of the aforementioned novel, and I thought his inclusion here to be very clever- imagine Mr. Collins in the role of missionary! That got me laughing, anyway, as I am very familiar with Mr. Rivers' thoughts on that matter.

Elenita, I can safely say I will not miss another post! I only hope there isn't too much angst left- I've had far too many headaches already this month.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi,
I would love to read An Affair in Three Simple Lessons, but have been able to locate a link for it. Please show a link to the story.

Unknown said...

I would love to read An Affair in Three Simple Lessons, but have been able to locate a link for it. Please show a link to the story.