Thursday, March 27, 2008

How is Half such a Sum to be repaid?

It being Thursday, Shelby has posted another chapter from Half Such A Sum. While Shelby did drop a pretty heavy hint this story is coming to a conclusion (sniff...sniff) in her Fertilizer thread last week, it was made very apparent to me when I read this post.

It was very happy! In a bizarre, non-Shelby, "let's tie up loose ends so everyone can live Happily Ever After" happy. I half expected her odious Lord Craigmore to be found at Rivenham Hall, plucking daisies, making nice with Arthur and Sophy, and singing a rather off-key rendition of "The Sound of Music" in a clear baritone voice.

I do so hope we get a bit more angst before the story ends. At the very least, let's see our number one JAFF baddie Craigmore get a painful disease that leaves him shriveling away before being forced to walk the plank in shark-infested waters by ravenous pirates. Or...well, you get the idea.

I am of half a mind to go back and do a third marathon read. Just to savor the epic a little longer.


Half is posted at HG. If this is your first experience with Half, be sure to have at least 24 hours to devote to reading. It will take you at least that long to get through it. Believe me, you won't be able to stop.

4 comments:

Elflaede said...

Hi. Sorry to bother you but I came across your blog and was really eager to read Half Such A Sum after your recommendation but HG is closed. You wouldn't happen to have a copy would you? I would be forever grateful!

Unknown said...

Ditto.
I also am looking for shelby's work. Dying to know how For Want of Proper Consideration would turn out.
But also to read anything else by her.

Unknown said...

http://chomikuj.pl/gaspwill/Dokumenty/Pride+and+Prejudice+Fanfiction/Half+Such+a+Sum,634085420.doc
I've found this in my search for the story. I haven't read it yet so I don't know if it is complete.

Nil Zed said...

for anyone trying Unknowns link, don't bother. If it ever led to the story, it doesn't anymore.