Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Becoming Reacquainted

One of the things I love about new fan fiction sites is the opportunity to catch up on old stories that you might have read elsewhere, but can always peruse again. It also enables me to find a gem I might have missed the first time through. I was reminded of that today, as I have spent a very pleasant few hours reading some older stories that are being reposted at 50 Miles of Good Road.

I have to say I was very impressed with Elsa's You Won't Admit You Love Me. A modern with a very involved plot, and one of the best non-canon villains I have ever read, make this quite a ride from beginning to end. The premise? What if Darcy and Elizabeth were secretly dating when it appeared they were at odds- and what if Darcy had a huge family secret that needed unraveled. You Won't Admit You Love Me is rated R/NC-17 and recently completed at 50 Miles. It can also be found at HG.

The second repost, which I originally read almost two years ago, is The Unexpected Passenger, by Jack C. of Crescent City fame. The Unexpected Passenger is a companion story to Jack C.'s epic The Three Colonels, and is just as spell-binding as T3C. I read both in a couple of days as marathon reads last year, and loved every minute of them- particularly given my fascination with the movie Master And Commander, as Passenger is a crossover between Persuasion, Mansfield Park, and Patrick O'Brien's Master and Commander series. In fact, I picked up a copy of the first book in the series, and I believe I will have to take it up again to reread and get my fix. As I have been rereading Pride and Prejudice (for the....well, I've lost count of how many times I've read it, this is the third copy that I am reducing to smithereens) you can see how compelling this must be for me. The Unexpected Passenger is rated R/NC-17, and is halfway complete at 50 Miles and finished at HG.

Be sure to check them out!

2 comments:

Tininha Carlini said...

I would like to read this story "The Unexpected Passenger".
Would you have it? thanks

Tininha Carlini said...
This comment has been removed by the author.